mAadhaar Official App for Change My Name On Aadhar Details from Home, With the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smartphone users the new mAadhaar is released by the Unique Identification Authority of India.
The App features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder who can carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
The key features in mAadhaar: Multilingual: In order to ensure the Aadhaar Services are accessible to linguistically diverse residents of India, the menu, button labels, and form fields are provided in English as well as in 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu).
After installation, the user will be prompted to select any of the preferred languages. However, the input fields in the forms will accept data entered in the English language only.
This is done to help user avoid facing the challenges of typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
Universality: Residents with or without Aadhaar can install this App on their smartphones. However to avail personalized Aadhaar services the resident will have to register their Aadhaar Profile in the App.
Update Aadhar Online
|Change Address||Download Aadhar Card|
|Update Date Of Birth||Change Name|
|Change Photo||Change Mobile Number|
The functionalities are broadly grouped as:
Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter
Request Status Services: To help residents check the status of various online requests.
My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holders where residents will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services.
In addition this section also provides facility for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.
Aadhaar Locking – Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime they wish.
Biometric locking/unlocking secures biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
Update of profile – To updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder helps Aadhaar user share their password protected eKYC or QR code for safe and paperless verification.
Multi-profile: Aadhaar holder can include multiple (upto 3) profiles (with same registered mobile number) in their profile section.
Locate Enrolment Center helps user find nearest Enrolment Center.
How to Change My Name On Aadhar Card
To change name in Aadhaar card, you can do the following via online mode-
- Open the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal
- On the new window you have opened, click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Punch in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number, then enter the captcha code and click on the option ‘Send OTP’.
- Punch in the OTP received on the registered mobile number so that you can have access to your Aadhaar account.
- Under the ‘Services’ option, select the ‘Update Aadhaar Online’ option to change name in Aadhaar card along with other relevant changes, if required.
- Now, select the ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’ option on the next page.
- Select the Aadhaar details that you want to be updated and then click on ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’.
- Now, you should be able to see the details that are currently on your existing Aadhaar card. Now, punch in the details that you want to be modified/changed and upload scanned copies of the supporting documents.
- Ultimately, have a look at the preview of the modified details and pay the online fee for the modification as Rs.50(this amount is non-refundable). You can pay this amount via debit/credit card or net banking.
Update Aadhaar Important Links
|mAadhaar Official App Link|
|Change Your Address In Aadhar Card|
|Download Aadhar Card Online|
|Update The Date Of Birth In Your Aadhaar|
|Change Photo on the Aadhaar Card|
|Change Name In Aadhar Card|
|Change Mobile Number In Aadhar Card|
Q. What is iOS compatible version for maadhaar app ? The mAadhaar app for iPhone is compatible for iOS 10.0 and above.
Q. Where can m-Aadhaar be used ? mAadhaar app can be used anywhere anytime within India.
Q. mAadhar app provide save password feature ? no
2 thoughts on “Change Your Name in Aadhar Card using mAadhaar App”